1. These Terms and Conditions are Important. Please read the terms and conditions carefully; they impose legal obligations on you and on us, and establish our relationship. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU MAY NOT PARTICIPATE IN A 2020 ADVENTURE. By the terms “you” and “your” we refer to travelers and their subjects traveling under our services. The terms “we” and “us” refer to 2020 Adventures, LLC (as these terms are further defined below). By the term “Released Parties” we refer to 2020 Adventures and its affiliates, including parent companies, partner companies, subsidiary companies, officers, directors, shareholders, agents and employees of 2020 Adventures as well as 2020 Adventures itself (hereinafter “Released Parties”).
2. Your Agreement. In order to travel under the services of 2020 Adventures, you are required to signify your agreement to be legally bound by these terms and conditions by electronically signing and clicking the designated “Sign Contract” button at the bottom of this page. You must click “Sign Contract”, and thereby accept these terms and conditions, to travel under the services of 2020 Adventures (hereinafter “2020”).
3. Your Acknowledgments. If you are accepted to travel with 2020, you must acknowledge and agree to the following:
4. Your Health; Medical Considerations. You agree that you have consulted a physician of your own choice and have been advised by said physician that you are in good health, do not suffer from any physical or mental condition, ailment or disability which requires a medical or surgical care or treatment, or which would make your travel and/or participation on your travels hazardous, unwise, unwarranted or a potential danger to you or others during said travels. 4.1 Permission for Treatment. In case of medical or surgical emergency, you hereby give permission to the physician selected by 2020 to hospitalize, secure proper treatment for, and to order injection, anesthesia, or surgery for you. 4.2 Medical Services or Facilities. You acknowledge that medical services or facilities may not be readily available during all or part of your travels and, if available, may not be equal to standards in your home country. You agree to assume all risk of bodily injury, death, emotional trauma, property damage, inconvenience and/or loss resulting from negligence or any other acts of any and all persons or entities. You agree to assume all risks of travel and to hold harmless the Released Parties from any and all liabilities to the maximum extent permitted by law.
5.1 Tour Cancellation. 2020 may cancel any travels for events beyond its control, including but not limited to: instability in a destination country, war (whether declared or undeclared), terrorist activities, incidents of violence, public health issues or quarantine, substantial currency fluctuations, strikes, governmental restrictions, fire or severe weather conditions that make it impossible or commercially unreasonable in the opinion of 2020 to fulfill said travels. If 2020 cancels any part of these travels for any such reason, travelers will receive a non-transferable 2020 future travel voucher for all monies paid. Cancellation by 2020 for causes described in this section shall not be a violation of its obligations to any travelers.
5.2Travel Warning Cancellation. 2020 will cover cancellations due to an act of terrorism or the threat of an act of terrorism. Travelers will receive an 2020 future travel voucher for all monies paid should all of the following conditions be met: (a) a terrorist act, or threats of terrorist acts occur(s), which is directed against U.S. interests on U.S. soil or in U.S. airspace; and (b) as a result of these events, a formal Travel Warning is issued by the U.S. State Department, stating that Americans should not travel to any country or countries that are included in the participant’s tour itinerary; and (c) the formal Travel Warning by the U.S. Department of State is issued within 60 days of the participant’s departure.
5.3 Flight Information. 2020 will cover cancellations due to an act of terrorism or the threat of an act of terrorism. Travelers will receive a 2020 future travel voucher for all monies paid should all of the following conditions be met: (a) a terrorist act, or threats of terrorist acts occur(s), which is directed against U.S. interests on U.S. soil or in U.S. airspace; and (b) as a result of these events, a formal Travel Warning is issued by the U.S. State Department, stating that Americans should not travel to any country or countries that are included in the participant’s tour itinerary; and (c) the formal Travel Warning by the U.S. Department of State is issued within 60 days of the participant’s departure. Once you are ticketed you are responsible for any changes to the ticket and the costs associated with that change. 2020 can no longer make changes to a ticket once it has been issued. If you miss a flight*, you are responsible for the cost of a new flight and will not be reimbursed for missed portions of the travels. *You acknowledge that your travels may return to a different airport than the one you departed from. Flights to and from the following destinations may originate/end at any of the airports in that vicinity:
5.4 Services and Activities. You understand and agree to hold harmless the Released Parties for the acts or omissions of any other individual or entity over which the Released Parties have no direct or indirect control, including but not limited to: airlines, railways, bus services, hotels, shipping companies, guides, and tour operators. You acknowledge that 2020 does not own or operate any of the entities that provide goods or services on your travels. You agree to hold harmless the Released Parties for activities not offered by 2020 that may be considered risky including, but not limited to: parasailing, paragliding, parachuting, skydiving, scuba diving, bungee jumping, and the use of any motorized vehicle.
6.1 Revocation of travel. Failure to comply with any rules or regulations imposed by 2020 or their employees, servants, agents, including but not limited to, all terms and conditions of this Agreement will result in revocation of travel services rendered to you by 2020 without a refund. You may be subject to forfeit travel under the services of 2020 for, among other reasons, having provided incorrect or false information regarding personal identification, medical conditions (including physical and mental), and the right to travel abroad under US laws and regulations. 6.2 Personal Responsibility. You are solely responsible, and may not hold any Released Parties responsible, if you (a) incur an injury or inflict an injury to others; (b) are charged with the illegal possession of drugs or alcohol; (c) commit destruction of property; (d) commit drunk or disorderly conduct; (e) are charged with any crime or punishment.
7.1 Passport and Visas. It is the responsibility of each traveler to obtain a passport and any applicable visas for his/her tour prior to departure.* Please be sure the passport expiration date is valid for at least 6 (six) months after your travel ends. Non-U.S. citizens will need to contact the embassies or consulates of their destination countries to ensure they meet specific entry requirements. Be sure to check your itinerary carefully for all countries that you will visit or pass through, including transfers between airports in foreign countries and re-entry into the United States. Visit the US Department of State at travel.state.gov for further information. If a traveler is unable to obtain a passport and/or visa and cannot travel, the Standard Cancellation Policy will apply.
7.2 Itinerary Variations. If improvements can be made to itineraries or unforeseen circumstances necessitate changes, 2020 reserves the right to amend itineraries or change the date within a reasonable time frame. Some itinerary changes are beyond our control. 2020 will make every effort to notify you as soon as possible of any such changes. On rare occasions these changes may involve changing the order in which cities are visited, altering the length of your stay in a certain city or country, or using an alternate airport. Other possible changes include departure, arrival or return dates and times. Any additional fees incurred as a result of a change in the itinerary are the responsibility of the traveler. These costs may include, but are not limited to: flight change fees, accommodation adjustment fees, etc. Travelers will be subject to Standard Cancellation fees should they choose not to travel on an amended itinerary. If a traveler wishes to change the date or destination of his/her tour, 2020 must be notified 60 days prior to departure. After this time, changes cannot be made.
7.3 Holidays and Itinerary Variations. Due to local or national holidays, special events, and/or peak seasons, access to certain facilities and attractions including, but not limited to: museums, historical sites, vineyards and shops may be limited. On such occasions, and whenever possible, slight adjustments to the itinerary may be made by 2020 to minimize your inconvenience. If you believe your enjoyment on the trip may be compromised by such limitations, please check with the respective national tourist office before selecting a tour and travel date.
7.4 Final Travel Information. Final travel information, including travel itineraries, hotel accommodations and airline confirmation codes, will be provided via email or USPS 30 days prior to your departure date. 2020 will only provide final travel documents and itineraries when your account has been paid in full.
8.1 Travel Experiences. For purposes of this Agreement, the term “Travel Experience Information” shall mean, with respect to your tour and associated experiences: (a) your name, (b) your mailing address, (c) thank-you notes and letters from you; (d) testimonials or other statements made by you regarding your Travel Experience; (e) photographs and video that may contain your likeness or image relating to or arising from the tour, whether taken by you, another participant, or a 2020 staff person or an agent of 2020; and (f) any other information you wish to provide to us. 8.2 Permission to 2020. You hereby give 2020, 2020’s agents, affiliates and organizations, as determined by 2020 in its sole discretion, which perform functions integral to its mission including by not limited to, tour organizers receiving funding from 2020 and organizations that provide support directly or indirectly to 2020 (collectively and hereinafter, “2020 supporters”) permission to copy, modify, adapt distribute, publish, display, exhibit and otherwise use, in whole or in part, without compensation, your Travel Experience Information, including on the 2020 website, (currently located at http://www.2020adventures.com), and in educational, advertising, marketing or promotional materials prepared for or on behalf of 2020. You understand that this permission is perpetual in time and it encompasses, without limitation, permission under any copyright or right of publicity or privacy that you may have in your Travel Experience Information. You understand and agree that your Travel Experience Information may or may not contain attributions specifically identifying you. In addition, you understand and agree that Travel Experience Information may be obtained through letters, forms, surveys, email correspondence, and your participation in social networking sites, forums and other relevant media sources.
8.3 Your Address will not be Disclosed. 2020 website and promotional materials in which your Travel Experience Information may appear will not include your address, and your address will not be disclosed to third parties in the course of preparing your Travel Experience Information for posting or publishing.
8.4 Photos and Film Footage. You understand and agree that any photos or film footage taken by you on your travels is solely for your personal enjoyment. However, anyone seen taking, or found in possession of, inappropriate or obscene photographs may be dismissed from the travels at his or her own expense.
9. Booking Conditions. These booking conditions are valid for all 2020 Adventures departing June 2017 through June 2018 and are subject to change with or without notice.
9.2 Standard Cancellation Policy. The cancellation policies take into consideration the costs incurred by 2020 long before travels depart. Notice of cancellations from 2020 travels will only be accepted from the traveler. The date of cancellation will be determined by the date on which 2020 receives written notice. Cancellation refunds can only be made to the person whose name appears on the account; payments cannot be transferred to another account. Non-refundable items and late fees will be deducted from the refund amount. Standard Cancellation Fees
Refunds Refunds will be issued back into the checking account and/or credit card or debit card used, based on the same method of original payment.
9.3 Non-Refundable Items. Not all purchased travel products or services are refundable. Non-refundable items include, but are not limited to, (a) purchased domestic flights; (b) purchased international flights; (c) purchased lodging; (d) purchased guided and non-guided tours.
9.4 Payment-In-Full. All trips must be paid-in-full at least 60 days prior to the scheduled departure date. Payments within 60 days of your departure date are subject to additional fees.
9.5 Late Fees. Payments not made by the scheduled due date are subject to a late fee of $300.
10. Age Requirements. You certify that you will be at least 18 (eighteen) years of age at the time that your travels begin.
RELEASE AND AGREEMENT I am aged 18 (eighteen) or older wishing to travel under services rendered by 2020 Adventures. By signing this Release and Agreement, I am certifying that I have read the above Terms and Conditions and that I understand and agree to the following:
ELECTRONICALLY SUBMIT YOUR ENROLLMENT FORM ONLY WHEN YOU HAVE READ IN FULL AND UNDERSTOOD THE CONTENTS OF THIS RELEASE AND AGREEMENT. FAILURE TO AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND RELEASE AND AGREEMENT WILL RESULT IN FORFEITURE TO TRAVEL AND YOU WILL BE SUBJECT TO THE STANDARD CANCELLATION POLICY.